How to Make your Research more Relevant, Feasible and Publishable
The course is delivered by world-renowned faculty and includes practical workshop where learners will work in groups to formulate a research question and derive a hypothesis for the evaluation of a treatment intervention.
During the workshops, learners will also be using the research question developed on day 1 and start designing their study, start planning participant selection and data collection. Groups will also start planning their sample size calculation and on the last day, the faculty will assess each project and provide personalised feed-back.
Target AudienceThe course is open to all clinicians interested in gaining a basic understanding of clinical research. This course will provide clinicians with an overview of the methodology used to conduct clinical research. The purpose of the course is to provide clinicians with the fundamental concepts and tools to design clinical studies.
Structure of the CourseThe course includes five modules over five days, which cover the following topics:
1) Conceptual overview of clinical research
2) Randomised controlled trials and other study designs
3) Study implementation and analysis
4) Qualitative studies
5) Communication of research
Each module will include a morning lecture/group work and an afternoon lecture/group work, where clinicians will build their skills to participate to clinical studies or develop their own clinical study protocol.
Course Format and DesignModules will be taught through group work, didactic lectures and presentations reports of the delegates.
Learning OutcomesUpon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Develop a research question and formulate a hypothesis from the research question
2. Apply basic methodological steps involved in clinical research
3. Implement a study protocol
4. Discuss the basic principles of qualitative research
5. Contribute clinical experience to evidence-based decision making in spinal care
|Date:||19-23 March 2021|
|Venue:||Lev Hotel, Vosnjakova 1, Ljubljana, Slovenia|
Course ProgrammePlease see below the course programme
RegistrationRegistration to the 2021 course will open soon!
Registration FeesDiscounts for EUROSPINE members are available:
€ 600 for members
€ 800 for non-members
€ 400 for residents/students (proof required to obtain discounted fee)