1. FormatThe format of the application is as follows (with maximum number of words or pages for respective sections):
2. Cover Letter for applications to EUROSPINE TFRIt is mandatory that the cover letter to the application should include the following text:
"All the applicants/investigators have read and approved the final version of the application, and signed below their agreement for the application to be made."
The letter needs to be individually signed by all involved authors.
3. Funding requestedBudget requirements are outlined in detail in the application form
4. Conflict of interest by applicant(s)All applicant(s) must submit the EUROSPINE conflict of interest disclosure form individually
5. EUROSPINE TFR evaluation of applicationsEUROSPINE TFR uses a formal review process where two independent reviewers evaluate and score the proposal following the scoring instructions and using a standard evaluation form. The reviewer form is modeled after National Institute of Health (NIH) and other European National Institutes for funding. When the TFR meets, each proposal is openly discussed by its two reviewers, and then considered by the other TFR members before a final score is agreed. The TFR makes recommendations for funding based on the final scores and availability of funds. These recommendations must be approved by EUROSPINE Executive Committee. Applicants are recommended to read the review form.
6. The decisions to fund a research proposal cannot be contested.The decision of the TFR is final.
7. Rules for re-submissionRe-submission of an application is permitted twice.
8. Submission and Application deadline