Advanced Module 2
Revisions and Complications Management
Prof. Alpaslan SenkoyluTurkey
Prof. Claudius ThoméAustria
Register Now for 2018 CourseFollow the below link and start your course registration! esociety.netkey.at/eurospine/myeducation/
>> access to MyEducation
Please note that, if you already are an EUROSPINE member and wish to take advantage of the EUROSPINE member discount when registering for the module, you must ensure you have settled your 2018 membership fee before starting your course registration. This can be done through your MyUserArea >> membership.
Advanced Module 2 Learning Outcomes
At the end of the module participants will be able to:
1. List possible early and late complications of spinal surgery
2. Describe how to prevent perioperative complications
3. Manage perioperative complications such as dural tear, iatrogenic neurovascular injury
4. Explain how to prevent early complications
5. Manage early complications including surgical and non-surgical
6. Define how to prevent late complications
7. Manage late complications such as pseudoarthrosis and proximal junctional kyphosis
8. Describe failed back surgery syndrome and analyse the aetiology based on a case scenario
9. Identify poor bone quality and plan revision for such cases
Trained surgeons who have completed their European Spine Course Diploma or trained and practicing surgeons with more than 2 years of experience.
Participants are required to provide a pdf file of any one of the following documents:
This is a live educational event where there will be blended learning of lectures, interactive sessions, case based discussions, plenary sessions and simulator and dry lab workshops.
€ 800 for EUROSPINE and EANS members
€ 1000 for non-members